Thursday, October 2, 2008

The sweet feel of black dirt


I love the feel of black dirt between my toes.  Okay, maybe that shows my country roots but that is okay with me.  Today I planted flowers in front of our house.  Purple petunias and multicolored snapdragons.  One of the coolest things about living in the deep south is that you get flowers pretty much year round.  I look forward to this time of year when it is not so hot outside and there is such a pleasant breeze.  Makes you not want to come back inside.  But I guess that is okay cause you had better enjoy the nice weather while it lasts.

Nicholas slept until I had to send Allison in to wake him up for school.  Since he is my very early riser this was rather unusual for him.  No worries though.....I still did not get to sleep past 5:30 a.m. cause Allison got up early this morning.   He was a little grumpy until I told him that he had 5 minutes to stretch and wake up on the right side of the bed.  He came out in the kitchen all ready for school.  He put his arms around me and asked "Mom, would you like to come to school today and have lunch with me?"  Man, that boy can just melt your heart.   Of course, I said yes.  When I asked him what he wanted me to bring he surprised me farther by asking for my cooking.

So......I forgot the list of errands I was going to do and made him lunch, picnic style.  He had a pita with chicken salad in it, thai broccoli salad, peaches and a gogurt.  He said it was yummy.  He is really wanting to have long talks and more adult conversations lately.  It is fun to hang out with him.

One more Nicky thing......he loves to pay rush hour.  If you have never played, you have your car blocked in by traffic and you have to figure out how to get your car out.  Mind power game.  He is good at it and is teaching me how to do it.  Quite addicting.

Both kids had dentist appointment today.  Dr. Jackson is so sweet with the kids.  Good news - no cavities.  Allison has a freaky looking xray with her adult teeth just behind her baby teeth. She will have a totally different mouth in just a few months.  She already has her front and bottom adult teeth.  The dentist does say that Allison has a bit of a cross bite.  So, he recommends a trip to the orthodontist to have it checked out.  I guess there are things they can do early to prevent braces or surgery later.  It just sounds expensive.....YIKES!

No comments: