Friday, October 17, 2008

Yumm-o!!!




Today is a teacher appreciation lunch at school.  So, being me I volunteered to bring something. The theme this month is soup and buns.  I was not about to bake buns.  I wish I could bake buns like my mom but that would mean I would have to actually try.  Maybe one day.  So, I decided on a baked potato soup.  It has baked potatoes, sour cream, milk, bacon, cheese, green onion and cheddar cheese in it.  Easy to make but looks impressive.  For sure NOT diet food - that is why it is going to school and not staying here at the house.

Nicholas made a trip to the MD on Wed.  Yup, he had another sinus infection.  The doctor started him back on singulair to try and keep him from being so stuffed up.  And a round of antibiotics to knock this infection out.  I think it is helping because Nicholas woke up early again today.  He had been falling asleep early and then not waking up until time to get up for school.  That is how I knew he was sick.  This kid NEVER sleeps in!!!

Allison just loves brownies.  She sold 25 products in her fall product drive.  So, she will earn the large badge!!!!  She cannot wait for cookie sales time as she already has her uncles lined up to buy BIG!!!!  This girl may have a future in sales.

State Farm has apologized for the delay in quoting our claim.  They are going to meet with our roofer in the next week and settle this thing.  The state farm guy said we had picked a good roofer and they had worked with him before.  He did not think it would be much of an issue once they meet and discussed things.  He thought they would write the roofer a check at the meeting so things could get going.  Hopefully, we had a big rain storm over past 2 days and more shingles look loose on roof.

Only two more weeks until Sharon comes!!!!  The whole family is so excited and busy making plans.  I hope she is not coming here to rest.

No comments: